I am confident in my software development expertise, and I own a successful software development business. - Mo Khan
I have many goals I work towards accomplishing. Above is my mission statement, this is my end goal, the state of being I work to reach.
2011 Goals List
Love myself, love my family.
- Travel to somewhere new.
- Bench press my body weight.
- Learn to gift wife with items that she wants, not always with what she needs.
- Watch mindless tv, because she likes to.
- Take one funny picture with the family every month.
Work for myself, release products, and work from where ever I want to work from.
- deploy 3 rich client applications.
- tax tool
- stock watch
- deploy 2 sample web applications.
- Mentor my bro
- Release free software
- aquire two new sources of passive income.
- take control of my rrsps.
- develop a strategy to save taxes.
- start a business.
- complete two freelance projects at a modest rate.
- market my skills in software and web development.
2009 Goals List
2008 Goals List
- Publish an article
- Hit the presentation circuit
- Travel to DevTeach (Toronto May 12 - 16)
- Read the following books:
- Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age
- Extreme Programming Explained: Embrace Change (2nd Edition)
- xUnit Test Patterns: Refactoring Test Code
- Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
- Introduction to the Theory of Computation
- Introduction to Algorithms
- Applying UML & Patterns: An Introduction to Object-Oriented Analysis and Design and Iterative Development (3rd Edition)
- Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
- Implementation Patterns
- Continuous Integration: Improving Software Quality and Reducing Risk
- Beautiful Code: Leading Programmers Explain How They Think
- Agile Web Development with Rails, 2nd Edition
- Refactoring Databases: Evolutionary Database Design
- Pragmatic Version Control Using Subversion
- Windows Presentation Foundation Unleashed
- Enterprise Integration Patterns: Designing, Building, and Deploying Messaging Solutions
- Core J2EE Patterns: Best Practices and Design Strategies (2nd Edition)
2007 Goals List