Passionate programmer with experience across various fields and technologies. An expert Ruby developer with active participation in OSS development and community work.
Software Engineer IV at Cisco (2013 – present)
- Full stack development using Ruby on Rails, AWS and Chef.
- Led development of the Cisco Security identity provider using Ruby on Rails/Stimulus.js.
- Developed and deployed several services using Ruby on Rails e.g. Installer generation, order provisioning API for AMP for Endpoints, Threat Response and Threat Grid and more.
- Routinely resolved difficult technical issues, through hands-on support and pairing with engineering, operations and tier 3 support.
Web Developer at Uppercut (2013)
- Developed the original version of fairgoods.com using Ruby on Rails with JIT font sample generation, and CD pipeline.
- Developed Confab.co using Ember.js/Ruby on Rails.
- Developed initial version of the eCompliance audit software which was acquired by a private investment firm.
- Developed compensation planning, long range production planning, and guest check-in software at a mid sized oil and gas company.
- Developed loyalty and gift card applications for multiple point of sale terminals.
- 2016 IT Security Certificate of Achievement, SAIT
- 2008 MCPD .NET Framework 2.0 Enterprise Application Developer
- 2007 C# Programming Certificate of Achievement, SAIT
- 2004 Computer Control Technology Diploma, SAIT
- Strong: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Git, Chef, Unix, Vim, TDD, OOP
- Knowledgeable: ES6, Ember.js, Stimulus.js, Backbone.js, MongoDB, Webpack, Cassandra, Redis, RabbitMQ, Docker
- del: An XMPP client for building chat bots
- maelstrom: a space invaders inspired game written in js.
- minbox: A minimal SMTP server useful for E2E test suites.
- net-hippie: A lightweight abstraction over net/http for ruby projects.
- scim-kit: A ruby toolkit for working with SCIM 2.0.
- saml-kit: A ruby toolkit for working with SAML 2.0.
- xml-kit: A ruby toolkit for working with xmldsig and xmlenc.
- CakeSide: A community website for cake makers.
- pidge bot: A hipchat bot used to perform chat ops.
- pidge: A ruby based CLI application used for managing and deploying new software.
Available upon request